Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, January 18, 2008

Snow Day-Round One



A snowman, a sled, and hillbilly waterproof shoes (Ziploc bags over tennis shoes) were a few of the new experiences Lydia got to enjoy yesterday. It's so rare that we have any substantial snow accumulation that we had to take full advantage of the opportunity. Lydia absolutely loved it! Her snow experience actually started Wednesday night when we got her out of bed so that she could watch the snow falling. Thursday morning, Jim took her out to build a snowman immediately after breakfast. She also got to try her hand at sledding in our backyard and throwing snowballs. Lydia was quick to learn that it's really fun to throw them at your parents!! She also had a chance to play in the afternoon, and at the end of the day, she and Jim built another mini snowman on our deck. It was exciting to see her learn about another wonder from God's creation.
Claire didn't seem to notice!!

5 comments:

The Turner's said...

My, what long arms you have, little snowman! Looks like you guys enjoyed the snow more than we did!

Laura said...

Maybe we can all enjoy snow again tomorrow!

Jennifer said...

Looks like Lydia had fun. Our girls did too. But you know me, I went outside to admire the snowman and then came back in. HA!

And if it snows tomorrow, does that mean nobody will vote?

Laura said...

I'm fine with nobody voting. I'm still planning to go, so I figure low turn out just means my opinion will be less diluted!

Jennifer said...

Good point. On my way out to vote now...