Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, January 28, 2008

Pilates for Preschoolers

I feel like a real mom today. First, I adventured out into the world of grocery shopping with multiple children. Yes, I used the HUGE car-looking grocery cart that is so long it's impossible to maneuver a u-turn in the grocery aisle. Lydia "drove" the car, and Claire sat in her infant carrier as it balanced across the top of the basket...probably not a position endorsed by Safe Kids. Lydia whined and cried through most of the grocery store because I bought yogurt. "No yogurt Mommy. Yogurt back." She loves yogurt, so please feel free to explain why it's so repulsive today. When it was time to check out, I pretty much had to stand on my head to twist around the cart to get the groceries out from under Claire. I have turned into the lady everyone avoids getting in line behind!!!

This afternoon my children have taken turns napping. Why consolidate efforts and have everyone nap at once??? That would be far too peaceful! So, Lydia was already awake when I decided to try my Pilates exercise video. I don't think I got the full benefit of the routine with Lydia sitting on my stomach and Sallie biting my hands and licking my face. There's probably a lot of money to be made on exercise videos that incorporate little helpers. Any ideas?

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Mary Evelyn worked out with me the other day. She kept walking off to get m&m's though. Rose just stared at me. Rachel sat on the couch and told me I look funny when I exercise. I told he I am exercsing so I will stop looking funny.

Would that be a video I gave you a while back? I'm not cool enough for Pilates.

And you just explained why I try to grocery shop on Saturday mornings. Except now it's tax season and I have to take everybody. Oh joy.

Laura said...

Nope. The Pilates video is from the library. I really like it though.