Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Bye Bye Christmas




Happy New Year! Today we (mostly Jim) started the process of de-greening our home. I'd love to say we finished the task, but that's close to impossible when you have a two year old "helper" and a forever hungry infant. Lydia thought it was great fun to wear her mittens and hat and help remove garland and wreaths while playing outside. She also thought it was exciting to go through the boxes I had finished packing and pull out soft Christmas pillows and soap dispensers. It may be July before we finish putting this all away. However, she was not excited that we removed our Christmas tree.
Packing up Christmas decorations is always bittersweet to me. I miss the glitter and excitement of the holidays, but I also enjoy the fresh and clean feeling of getting rid of the clutter. This is also the time of year that home improvement starts to stir in my mind. Our exterior trim needs new paint. Hmm....

2 comments:

Chris Worthy said...

Hi Laura! I love your blog! I will enjoy keeping up with your noteworthy days. :) May I link to your site, assuming I can figure out how to do that?

(Hi Lydia and Claire, Aunt Chris loves you!)

Love,
Chris

Anonymous said...

Well aren't we the red-headed stepchildren Sallie? The only ones who didn't get a shout out from Aunt Chris. Time to take our ball and go home.

...Jim...