Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

First Smiles




What a sweet and rewarding day! Claire finally smiled at me. Just last night I was asking Jim if we should be worried that Claire had not yet smiled. All the books say it should happen around the end of the first month, and Claire's first month ended 5 days ago! Ha! My poor children.


In addition to giving me some feedback that I mean more to her than just an occasional snack, Claire also allowed us to sleep for 4.5 hours last night!!! Yahoo! I have the energy to take on life's greatest challenges today...meaning cleaning my bathroom. She probably read my last blog entry, got embarrassed, and decided to prove me wrong.


I'm also really enjoying watching Lydia practice her nurturing skills. She's the best baby doll mother ever as long as you ignore the way she swings her baby doll (rocking in Lydia's mind) and bangs her head on the cabinets. It's hilarious to watch her using all of Claire's baby gear, but the most precious sight is when Lydia helps us take care of Claire. She talks to her, gives Claire her pacifier, and tries to comfort Claire when she's crying. Lydia also hates it when I put Claire in the crib for a nap. I'm not sure if that's because she misses Claire or because it usually means naptime or bedtime is also coming for Lydia.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sometimes I rock Betsie like that (i.e. banging her head on the cabinets).

Just kidding.

Great blog!

Thanks, Jason M. Blumer