Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, July 3, 2008

396 Months

Today Claire is 7 months old! (That's another post I'll try to do later.)

Yesterday, I turned 396 months. You can do the math if you really want to know! It was a nice day. I got to eat cake with Lydia, and Jim took me on a great date. We ate at a restaurant that used breakable plates and didn't seem to have any toy prizes to encourage or distract us with our meal. I also had a chance to eat lunch with my mother. So, all in all, it wasn't a great day for the diet, but it was a fabulous break from the routine!

I tried to reflect on what if anything I have learned over the last year.
* A baby eating pureed blueberries and blowing raspberries is a bad combination.
* High pitched TV characters like Elmo and Curious George seem to have a magical effect on children.
*No matter how long you give it, your crock pot meal will only be yummy if you plug in the crock pot.
*Each time you reproduce yourself, you lose a little bit more of your original self!

My life may not be super glamorous and graceful, but it's pretty blessed and I'm glad to live it!

3 comments:

HeatherV said...

as someone who attended your 1st birthday party back in the 1970's (I have a pic to prove it in Easley), I couldn't agree more with what you wrote about what you have learned as a mom. Happy 7 months to Claire and happy 396 to one of my long time friends.

Kelley said...

You are not the only 30-something year old who has forgotten to plug in the crock pot (prob more than once).

The Carsons said...

OK, so it's been a long time since I've checked blogs...but you are hilarious! Always have me laughing.