Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, February 9, 2008

I've Been Tagged

My sister Jennifer tagged me on her blog. Apparently I'm supposed to tell seven things about myself and tag seven other people. I'm game for telling seven things about myself (I've always loved to talk about myself!), but I don't think there are seven people who read my blog! Ha!!! So, if you read this, consider yourself tagged! Hee!!!! Just let me know you participated in the comments.

* I love to dance...couples dance, not "shake your groove thing" dance. I especially love the country dance the two-step. I may have been influenced by my time in Nashville and Houston. Fortunately I married a sweet man who either enjoys it as well or loves me enough to pretend to enjoy it. He actually agreed to dance lessons before our wedding and didn't fight going back after our instructor made him pretend to sway like a tree in the wind during our first lesson. (an exercise to feel your body moving) Ha!!! I laugh just thinking about it!!!

*I feel very blessed to be able to stay at home with my children although it's only recently that I came to value motherhood as a worthy occupation....no pun intended. After I finished graduate school I seriously considered pursuing either medical school or a PhD in order to have a more glamorous career. I'm so glad that I listened to God's whisperings that those pursuits were not His plan for me. I doubt I would have felt free to abandon a career after investing so many more years (and debt). I do hope to return to work one day, but no time soon.

*I love to snow ski. It's the only sport at which I'm not completely pitiful. In my ideal world, I would take a December and March ski trip to CO, UT, etc every year.

*I'm currently praying for God to bless me with deeper, more intimate friendships. I've struggled with knowing how to balance friends and family ever since I got married, but I know that female friendships are extremely valuable.

*It's yet to be decided if Claire will be our youngest child or our middle child.

*There was a time in my childhood when I collected toe nails. I kept them in a clear plastic rectangular box. One of my aunts actually saved hers and brought them to me to add to the collection. Gross!!!!!!!!! I'm happy to report that my toe nail collection was somehow lost through the years, and I now feel completely free to promptly dispose of my trimmings!

*A cold glass of Coca-Cola fizzing over ice is a little slice of heaven.

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

You should have kept the toenail thing a secret. And I pray for good friends too. Wanna be my friend? It would be convenient.

Chris Worthy said...

We are not going to mention that toenail thing again. :) Nope, never happened...
I did learn some things about you! Fun! I would do this if I actually had seven interesting bits of information about myself, but alas, I do not. I am working on a list of 40 things to do before 40 and I think I only got to 16. I am so dull. :)

Anonymous said...

I don't know if I can come up with seven things, but I DO know that number one would be that I never collected toenails.
--Uncle John

Laura said...

You obviously didn't see the recent American Idol where one of the singers brought his collection of nails in a ziploc bag. He'd had it for over 10 years. My collection didn't hold a candle to that.

Unknown said...

The toe nail thing is seriously sicking me out, although I had already heard that story before.

The best brother-in-law in the world,
Jason

The Turner's said...

TOENAILS?! That is just disguisting! What was your aunt thinking to help you along in that collection?! Yuck!

Thanks for sharing. I have enjoyed my laugh!

Cantrell's said...

the toenails part is really gross but I enjoyed reading the other things about you. I miss seeing you and hope to get to see you and your precious girls soon.

The Carsons said...

WOW, that was brave to share the toenail clipping thing. I'll have to see if I get the courage to share 7 extremely personal things about myself or not!!