Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, March 17, 2008

Love Jesus Now!

I had great intentions of making this Passion Week meaningful for Lydia by reading a little piece of the Easter story every day out of her storybook Bible. (Which I highly recommend. It knits together how all of the Old Testament points to God's ultimate loving gift of Jesus. It's illustrated and written to be appealing to preschoolers and early elementary age children.) I also thought I'd incorporate a highly creative craft. Today, I read about 2 sentences of the chapter on Jesus' last Passover meal before Lydia decided she wanted to read the book herself. That would've been fine if she either knew the story or could read. Since she can do neither I found myself getting irritated and thinking, "No! You're ruining our beautiful religious education experience! Now be quiet and learn about God's love for you!" Sigh. Maybe tomorrow's time will be a little more productive. I'm trusting God to honor my efforts!



3 comments:

Jennifer said...

We have this Bible! It's very good.

Do you know about Resurrection eggs? (Not that we did them this year, but maybe next year.)

The Turner's said...

Very funny, Laura. I understand the frustration! :) Thanks for the recommendation on the Bible. Molly doesn't have a kids one yet.

Sally Lloyd-Jones said...

Hi Laura

I came across your blog via a google alert thing and wanted to stop by and say hi and i love this post!
; ]

also you may be interested to know there are some fun resources on my site (including readings from the book) as well as some other books for when your Lydia needs a more raucous read (Old MacNoah Had An Ark is the latest book just out that works well with preschoolers!)

Have a wonderful Easter and it's fun to meet you

Sally